Exciting news mod fans: The Aether Mod has been updated for Minecraft 1.0.0! It includes some tweaks (like ambrosioum not healing anymore) and some new festive content (a festive tree that spreads snow).
Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of the mod’s creator, kingbdogz:
– Ambrosium no longer heals nor replenishes hunger.
– The Enchanter has been renamed to the Altar. In the future, it will get a complete redesign which will hopefully differentiate it from other work stations.
– Flying Pigs now only drop Raw Pork, and no longer drop Feathers.
– New Blue Berry bushes have been added to the mod. They will commonly generate around the Aether, and when destroyed will reward you with a random amount of Blue Berries. Blue Berries heal half a heart. In the Bush’s place, a Bush Stem will stand there and over time grow back into another Blue Berry Bush. This means that you could, if desired, make a farm of Blue Berry bushes!
– New Festive Tree! These trees can sometimes be seen in the masses, but other times very rarely. They emit snow particles around them, freezing over entire lands!
– Present Block added! These Presents can be found underneath and around Festive Trees. Don’t be fooled though: these presents may seem friendly but they (upon random chance) can either turn out bad or turn out very good for the receiver. Be careful but don’t be hesitant!
– Added 3 new secret items!
– Added 1 new music piece to the Aether soundtrack, composed by the talented Emile! Listen to it here.
– Invisibility Capes improved significantly. While worn, mobs can no longer see you unless you swing your fist/sword, making it a very useful tool indeed!
– Temporarily removed main menu music and the quick load feature. Sorry guys! They will be back very soon
If you’re not familiar with The Aether mod it is a giant mod made by a team of very talented modders: kingbogdz, Shockah, Kodaichi, Flan and 303; all famous for their polished content filled mods. The mod adds a new dimension – The Aether – accessible through a portal made of glowstone. It is a realm of flying islands with new exciting mobs, items, workstations and amazing dungeons that offer awesome new loot. It’s nominated for Mod of the Year in The Diamond Pickaxe awards because it is so big and good.
Probably the biggest flaw of the mod is the sheer amount of APIs to run (ModLoader, AudioMod, ShockahAPI…), so it’s incompatible with most mods that don’t also utilize those API’s.
You can get The Aether Mod here.
Once again I wish all you readers out there Happy Holidays and best of luck in the New Year!