The Mod Pack features 10 mods that fit within 5 categories of improvements to Minecraft's core gameplay: Convenience, Combat, Exploration, Immersion and Endgame. It seeks to expand on some of Minecraft's lacking systems and improve on the best parts of the game. Read on for the full breakdown. Inventory Tweaks adds some much needed improvements to the inventory system like automatic replacement of broken tools, sorting, and more. CraftGuide provides a new item - a book that lists all the crafting recipes in the game and allows you to sort through them easily. Mine & Blade Battlegear 2 adds shields, dual wielding, elemental arrows, and much more, making Minecraft's combat more dynamic and interesting. Zombie Awareness makes enemies smarter and more dangerous. Biomes O' Plenty adds over 75 new biomes and sub-biomes, making the world unique and diverse. WildCaves 3 makes caves more interesting and eerie. Localized Weather & Stormfronts adds a dynamic weather system to the game that increases diversion and makes the world feel more alive. BiblioCraft adds a bunch of furniture items and the like, allowing you to customize your home further. Blood Magic adds an extensive sorcery system that will keep you entertained for days. Twilight Forest adds an entire new dimension full of new challenges and bosses to conquer.
You can download the mod pack yourself here:
Download the MCmodder Mod Pack here!
Since Minecraft makes even the mightiest PCs look like a calculator powered by three and a half coked out hamsters, I also recommend you use the brilliant Optifine for that sweet sweet FPS (just download the Ultra .jar file for 1.7.10 and place it in the mods folder).
And that's it. This pack is for you if you fall within one of these categories:
- You play vanilla, but these additions intrigue you and you want to see what it's all about.
- You're new to modding and want to ease into this new exciting world.
- You're a veteran modder looking for a starting point for your next build with some of the best mods out there.
But don't be satisfied with just this mod pack. The true spirit of modding is creating a unique build filled with mods you picked out yourself. We have a list of recommended complimentary mods that go well with the pack. Check it out here:
MCmodder Mod Pack - Expanding your pack with more mods
The entire modpack also supports the Sphax' PureBDCraft resource pack in 128x resolution. Check it out here:
Sphax' PureBDCraft Support Patch [128x]
When it comes to installation, we've got you covered.
- Run Minecraft at least once on version 1.7.10.
- Download and install the Forge API for Minecraft 1.7.10 (recommended version).
- Extract the mod pack's .zip file and copy all the files inside (they will all be .jars with a single .zip).
- Paste the files in the mods folder located in your .minecraft folder.
- For any additional info, head to our big Mod Installation Guide. It covers the nitty gritty details on each step listed above.
- Ready to go! Enjoy.
But what would a mod pack be without the amazing mods that it consists of? I love each and every one of these mods on its own, and you should definitely check them out (click on the mod name to go to the forum thread):
Don't go yet! Please stay tuned for more Minecraft mods, news, updates, suggestions to improve your experience, and more. Seriously - we're great (hopefully). As always, feel free to discuss or ask for help in the comment section below.