This one is for all you miners out there. Ores are a core part of Minecraft. But, for a lot of people, the number of ores in vanilla Minecraft is just not enough. To fill this void, modder Andy608 made CrazyOres, a mod that adds new ores, epic golems, new armor sets with special abilites and more. Read on for the details.
CrazyOres adds a total of 18 new ores all scattered throughout your Minecraft world once generated. Most of these have an appropriate armor and tool set to go along with them. Some have special abilities like fire resistance or underwater breathing. Most of them can be crafted into parts for a special golem (like the villager ones in vanilla).
Here are the ores:
- Meteorite - Red ore, armor is fire resistant, tools can set fires.
- Copper - Orange. Can be used to craft buckets.
- Sapphire - Blue. Slightly better than iron. Pretty.
- Adamite - Yellow. Armor set allows water breathing.
- Ruby - Red. Mineable by sapphire and above.
- Fool's Ruby - Very similar to Ruby, but weak and useless.
- Zectium - Green. Better than diamond.
- Tapazite - Pink! Armor set gives blast immunity. Sometimes slows you down.
- Crystal - White. Step above Tapazite.
- Osmonium - Cyan. Not great for protection, awesome for speed.
- Starconium - Purple. Can be used to craft sledgehammer (all tools in one).
- Experium - Bright green. Drops experience.
- Demonite - Dark red. Spawn in the Nether. Can be used to craft a better furnace.
- Invisium - Brown Nether ore. Can be used to make user invisible.
- Luminite - Color shifting Nether ore. Work in progress ore, so no use yet.
- DarkStone - Black Nether ore. Work in progress ore, so no use yet.
- Ender - Black-blue End ore. Armor absorbs fall damage. Not the best protection.
- Ultra - Jet black End ore. Work in progress ore, so no use yet.
The ores can also be used to craft blocks and golem heads, which can be places to create a golem like the ones villagers have. Each ore golem is different in some way (look or stats). There are other items and blocks you can craft with these new ores. Here's a schematic:
That's about it. You can get CrazyOres here:
Download CrazyOres here!
- Install the Forge API.
- Run Minecraft at least once.
- Put the downloaded mod's .zip file in the mods folder located in your .minecraft folder.
- For any additional info, head to our big Mod Installation Guide.
- Ready to go! Enjoy.
Like always, feel free to let us know how you liked the mod, and leave any other feedback you might have, right in the comment section below.
Version of mod reviewed: V1.0 for Minecraft 1.6.2.