DivineRPG is probably the biggest mod for Minecraft around. It adds magic, pets, bosses, over a 100 new mobs and most importantly 8 new dimensions and upgrades to the existing 3. Throughout this Dimensional Travel Guide we'll take a look at each dimension and what it's all about, starting with the upgraded vanilla dimensions.
We arrive at the final destination, the ultimate challenge, the Dungeon of Arcana…
Dimensional Guide Map(Skip to article)
This last edition of the guide will be a little different than the other ones. Instead of listing the enormous amount of mobs the dimension houses, I'll simply give you tips on surviving in the dimension thus maintaining the mysterious nature of the Dungeon of Arcana. Since this is the final challenge DivineRPG provides, it only makes sense.
To build the portal to the Dungeon of Arcana, craft some Arcana Portal Blocks and then build the portal in the form of an End portal, just with the Arcana Portal blocks. Be patient when the dimension is loading - it can take a long while (took me a minute or two on a pretty powerful PC). When you've got the portal built you're ready to go! Here are my 5 tips:
- Prepare - Get the best gear you can possibly get before going into the Dungeon of Arcana. Mobs here are deadly and will destroy you unless you're properly equipped.
- Plan - Don't rush into anything. Scope out the room, assess the danger and try to spot the traps ahead of time.
- Loot - Get everything you can get. Arcanium Ore may not be used to craft weapons, but can be used in trading.
- Trade - There are a lot of different NPC traders that accept different currency and offer different items. This way you can get better weapons, armor, utilities and even new seeds for your overworld home.
- Improvise - The path generated doesn't have to be your path. Blast through walls, build blockades and use the architecture to your advantage.
That's it! I wish you luck in your Arcana adventure, brave miners!
That also concludes our DivineRPG Dimensional Travel Guide. We won't be covering Vethea since I couldn't get it working on any of my computers. If in the future an update fixes it, I will release a guide for that dimension too. If you've been following the guide as the issues came out you'll now notice that each part has a Dimensional Map on the top. Yay for easy navigation!
If you'd like to try the mod yourself, you can get it here:
Download the DivineRPG mod here!
- Install the Forge API.
- Run Minecraft at least once.
- Put the mod's .zip file in the mods folder located in your .minecraft folder.
- For any additional info, head to our big Mod Installation Guide.
- Ready to go! Enjoy.
Stay tuned for more guides, reviews, showcases, news and much more, and as always, feel free to leave any feedback you might have in the comment section below.
Version of mod reviewed: Beta V5.1 for Minecraft 1.6.4.